Our parents are being welcomed into our learning communities as guides and partners in their children's education…
How will LEADing Lights help parents?
LEADing Lights will connect you, the parent, with your child’s school and teachers. It will enable you to login to the system (from any device connected to the internet) to monitor your child’s academic progress and communicate with their teachers efficiently and effectively.
Student progress is tracked from the day they enrol at a Catholic school, right through until the day they graduate. This information can be accessed by teachers to help them understand your child and the best way to teach them. The system even makes recommendations to students on resources to help prepare for tasks and assessments.
LEADing Lights monitors student wellbeing through surveys, emoticons, attendance, academic results and text analysis. By using Artificial Intelligence to track these system-wide, teachers can be alerted to potential problems and get to at-risk students quickly and safely.
You can be sure this world-first system has been built with your child’s best interests at heart. It is being developed by education and technology experts and is based on passion for education, quality research and consultation.
- LEADing Lights is evergreen. It will develop in line with the needs of students and society’s technological advancements. It is the first time all tools and content have been brought into one, easily accessible space. This means no more logging in and out of different systems, with one login your child can access everything they need.
- LEADing Lights and its tools can be used on ANY device for anytime, anywhere learning. Your child can use their existing equipment, whether they use iPads or Surface, laptops or desktops, LEADing Lights is platform agnostic!
- Effortless collaboration and communication between schools (and everyone in them) is fundamental to the new ecosystem. Teachers, students and parents will benefit from the collective wisdom, diversity, intellectual property and resources of our community.
- A Virtual School is being developed to fill gaps and improve courses available to remote and marginalised students. If your child does not have access to a particular subject, they may be able to access it through the Virtual School.
- Ultimately, by using technology to take care of routine tasks and artificial intelligence to collect and analyse data, schools will be focusing more of their time on their core business of educating.
- We are not replacing teachers with technology, but enabling them to spend more time educating your children.