Over the next 12 months, LEADing Lights will implement a platform to enable Digital Transformation across the System. This development of this new digital platform initially involves 6 foundation blocks:
- Project Concierge | CEWA Learning Cloud
Secure centralised storage, digital identity, device and app management that help the digital and physical learning environments more conducive to the learning experience.
- Project CEWA 365
One digital place for learning resources, communication and collaboration that makes learning, teaching and working more seamless so you can focus on your work and your community.
Unique identities embedded into a CEWA staff directory will enable staff to find, connect and collaborate easily with colleagues across the System, both in schools and office locations.
Teachers using Office 365 save time and students are more organised. In one US school, students learning in Office 365 significantly raised literacy scores because they and their teachers had an environment designed for learning and meaningful feedback. (Madison Middle School, Los Angeles, US, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgR1XEzyNc4 )
- Project Insight | Learning and Administration Analytics
As students learn and teachers teach, comprehensive advanced data analytics offer unexpected and valuable insights to improve learning outcomes and school planning.
By considering holistic student needs and opening windows to the full range of data available about each student as he/she learns, a school system was able to raise its school completion rates by over a third (from 55% to 83%) in just a few years. (Tacoma, Washington, USA, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybY425KgbOg )
Project Insight considers models such as:
- ASCD’s Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child.
- Carnegie Foundation’s six core principles of improvement
- Microsoft’s Education Transformation Framework & Process
- UNESCO’s Happy Schools
- Concepts such as the Gradual Release of Responsibility
- OECD Social and Economic benefit modelling of school
- Technology Integration Matrix from Florida Center for Instructional Technology
- Project Personal Learning and Development
Learning experiences that are right for each learner without limits of time and place, including digital resources and courses for students and educators that enable personal, deep, complex, collaborative and applied learning
Students are far more successful in their careers if they have engaged in long term project based learning that developed 21st century skills. (Gallup, 2016, http://www.gallup.com/opinion/gallup/194666/bringing-education-back-roots.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_content=morelink&utm_campaign=syndication )
Teachers are more effective when they have continual collaborative embedded professional learning opportunities (Jenson, 2014, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/school-leaders/school-systems-planning/components.aspx?tabselect=0 )
Project Personal Learning and Development will integrate core learning, models and programs including for example:
- Studio Curious for design thinking
- Design of new pedagogies and models including: New Pedagogies Deep Learning Digital Promise & CBL, Phenomenon based learning
- Certification from Imagine Academy and ISTE
- Coding including Swift Playgrounds, IOT Maker Kits, Microbit or Minecraft
- Consideration of new digital repositories such as Learning Field or edX
- Badging and certification including integration with services such as Student
- Partnerships with other likeminded education systems such as City Helsinki who are undergoing a digital transformation and other Australian Catholic systems.
- Project Administration of Schools | Student Information and Finance System
An integrated and central experience for student and school information that enables streamlined reporting and planning, access to digital services, and longitudinal views on wellbeing and performance, including: Student Administration; Academic Achievement, Attendance & Reporting; Marketing, Social & Recruitment; HR & Finance; Compliance; Government Funding programs; Asset Management & Help Desk; Sustainability & Environmental with IOT; Strategic planning and Project management.
- Celebrate | Badging and Incentives
Programs and platforms to recognise achievement and contributions of students and staff, including sharing events, partnerships, communities of scholars locally and beyond, and financial benefits.
For students, the most motivating factor in education is relationships with mentors and peers (Gallup, Bringing Education Back to its Roots)
Educators who participated in celebration events where they shared their innovative and effective digital practices increased their level of transformative student centred teaching.